Search This Blog

Sunday, April 5, 2015

A Short Return to the Top for an old Favorite

Although it didn't last long, Hard Case II: The Lure of Hell made it to #1 in Amazon's 'Intelligence and Spies' category. As RJ pointed out to me, it was nice to see it doing so well for the first time in a while, the reason being The Lure of Hell was the first novel that really took off for me. It also introduced the deadliest couple I ever created: Lynn Montoya and Clint Dostiene. The plot was part horror story, part Ultimate Fighting with John Harding's first cage match in Las Vegas, and part quirky romance with Lynn and Clint joining Harding's West Coast 'Murderer's Row'. The deadly duo find and handle three vicious serial killers torturing and murdering young women. The psychopathic trio believed they were the most fearsome monsters ever, until they met Lynn and Clint.  :)  Anyway, The Lure of Hell became RJ Parker Publishing's first 'fiction' best seller, so I took a picture of its moment at the top in a pretty competitive category. In present day writing news, I'll be at 75,000 words in Demon IV: Darkness Rules, and 50,000 words in Cold Blooded IV: Bloody Shadows by the end of today. They will be released at the end of April, and the end of May respectively, as promised.

I pray this Easter Sunday, in celebration of our Lord's resurrection, will be a wonderful day for everyone in these very tense times.

5 comments:

BernardL said...

Charles, it was nice last night to see the one that really started an upward trend for me do well, my friend.

raine said...

Congrats on the #1, Bernard.
Hope your Easter was blessed too.

BernardL said...

The writing is patching holes in life, Raine. I watched my Grandson play in a Lacrosse tournament, and averaged 3,000 words a day, along with working with my Grandson on the new cover for Demon IV: Darkness Rules. It has become the fictional glue holding reality together for me. :)

Vesper said...

Congratulations, Bernard!
It's really nice that you can work with your grandson on your covers.

BernardL said...

Thanks, Cora. Yeah, Colin likes seeing his name on the sale page. :)