Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Cold Blooded Book III: Sins and Sanctions



I passed 90k words in COLD BLOODED BOOK III: SINS and SANCTIONS today. The novel covers many aspects of real life with a Pulp Fiction flavor. Nick McCarty, my main character, is an assassin without peer or conscience. In searching for something more in his life, he found Rachel, Jean, Deke the dog, Gus, and Tina. They anchor him in his hell on earth pursuit of enemies, foreign and domestic, working to subjugate the country he sees without peer on earth. He defends her with everything in his power… again without peer, and certainly without conscience. Nick believes his flaws, triumphs, and life, rest in the fists clenched, face in the wind action he delivers when called upon by his equally flawed boss, or his at risk family and friends. What places him beyond adversaries, hell bent on his extermination, is a belief in something far greater, and a willingness to do anything it takes to achieve it. In his single minded chosen path, Nick deals with adversity, but protects all within his purview. He does so without remorse, but with no holds barred purpose, and God help the hindmost. Oh... and did I mention he is also a best selling author?  :)

The first two novels in the series can be purchased here:


7 comments:

Charles Gramlich said...

Looking forward to III.

raine said...

A best selling author would NEED clenched fists, a willingness to do whatever it takes, and no remorse, hmm? ;)

BernardL said...

Thanks Charles!

Yes, Raine, and I believe the market will be even tougher this coming year.

Vesper said...

I can tell how much you love Nick and how proud you are of him!

BernardL said...

The Cold Blooded series was my wife Joyce's favorite, because I wrote her and I in as the old couple, Dan and Carol Lewis, using much of our own banter. I am proud of that seemingly goofy thing, V. Since Joyce's passing, the third book in the series is dedicated to her.

Vesper said...

Bernard, I didn't know. I'm so incredibly sorry. Please accept my deepest condolences. I'm with you with all my heart.

BernardL said...

Thank you.