Search This Blog

Saturday, November 3, 2012

HARD CASE Screenplay Complete



I finished up my first screenplay. HARD CASE went out to the first five ‘wanted’ posts on the International Screenwriter’s bulletin board that it matched. Now would be the time to discuss the final steps I researched. I found that many ‘wanted’ posts ask that the script be registered before they even consider looking at the finished screenplay. Luckily, the Final Draft software has a link for registering the screenplay on line. Secondly, I found you need a sell sheet with some sparkle, info, and short synopsis. This sheet is also called a ‘one pager’. I had to include a little more personal contact info on it, so I can’t show what it looks like, but it came out really professional looking.
HARD CASE ended up right at the 120 page limit. I’ve read over and edited it and it seems to be a coherent script. For all I know, it may be crap, but it’s exciting crap. :) Anyway, I’ll report if I can even get a reject letter. The short screenplay I sent out a couple months ago didn’t even garner a rejection notice, so these screenplay people may be even less polite than our literary agent folks. I’ll start on my next one tomorrow. I’m thinking of developing that short one I did into a full length script. I like the idea, and I’m pretty sure I can make it into a 90 – 120 minute feature. I miss my DEMON characters so much, their voices are flitting around in my head begging to be tried out on the big screen.
I can’t sign off from screenplay land this time. It’s become more like fantasy land. :)

4 comments:

raine said...

Congratulations, Bernard!!
That's gotta be a great feeling...to take on an unfamiliar, challenging project like that and DO it.
Best wishes for its future! :)

BernardL said...

Thanks, Raine. It is a thrill. I'm so used to the brick walls publishing has become, I needed something like this to make things a little exciting. :)

Charles Gramlich said...

Luck, man!

BernardL said...

Thanks, Charles. Onward and upward... or not. :)