Search This Blog

Sunday, September 23, 2012

Trilogy End



It was a great writing weekend, with very good readers’ reviews sent to me through FaceBook for my novel HARD CASE, and my finishing the third YA novel in my DEMON, DEMON INC, and DEMON AT WAR trilogy. I wrote nearly 7,000 words to finish with some hilarious and gripping moments to the ending. It went to nearly 82,000 words, which is a no/no for YA novel length, but I needed the extra pages for my new development. I’ll be starting my full length screenplay attempt on HARD CASE starting the moment I finish my editing on DEMON AT WAR. I now have five completed full length novels to be released over the next year, so I figure now is an excellent time to try my hand at screenplay writing.
Another additional promising note is one of my friends I play basketball with on the weekends came up to me and said he purchased a Kindle. He wants to read my novels. I told him I’d send him copies of HARD CASE and THE PROTECTORS to start him off. A few of the other guys overheard us talking and started questioning the guy that was buying the Kindle. I discreetly left to finish DEMON AT WAR because I’d already ran three games. It was all good!  :)
I'm going to miss Demon, Mike, and all the other members of DEMON INC. Their voices have been in my head so long I don't know what I'll do without them.  :)

5 comments:

Charles Gramlich said...

You're a writing machine, man. Looking forward to Demon.

BernardL said...

Thanks, Charles. You know how it is when the story excites you. Sometimes it's hard to stop. :)

raine said...

{{APPLAUSE, APPLAUSE!!}}

Congratulations, Bernard, that's wonderful!
With that kind of enthusiasm, it's gotta be good. :)

BernardL said...

I can give the final book in the trilogy my highest compliment, Raine - even the editing is fun. :)

Vesper said...

Your "children" are ready to go into the world... Just like in real life it's so exciting, and happy, and sad at the same time.
Godspeed to Demon and to you!