Search This Blog

Monday, February 20, 2012

Reponse To DEMON


Well, the squeaky wheel gets the grease. I sent out eleven queries on Saturday and Sunday, and already received a nice rejection note along with a request for a full printed copy of DEMON from another agent. This means my hook may be good enough to garner some interest, at least interest enough to either elicit a quick ‘no thanks’, or a ‘yeah, let me take a look’. One good thing when an agent asks for a full printed copy these days, an author doesn’t have to send along an SASE pack so they can send it back if not interested. That used to cost me back in the days before the digital age.  :)   They just recycle it now. The good news so far is maybe the other side of this enigmatic profession (agents and publishers) are again becoming a little more proactive. Let’s hope so anyway.  :)

6 comments:

Jordan Summers said...

Congratulations Bernard!!! I will keep my fingers crossed that you get that Big Yes! :)

BernardL said...

Thanks, Jordan. Maybe YA is still the popular pursuit. I didn't really write DEMON following a trend though. It started out as a funny Halloween story and took off. :)

Charles Gramlich said...

Luck, man!

BernardL said...

After sampling a bunch of the Amazon top sellers this week on my Kindle, Charles, I'm beginning to believe luck is the main ingredient. :)

raine said...

Congrats, Bernard! Great news. :)
Here's hoping it gets even better!

BernardL said...

It is nice to get asked for a full look, Raine, even if it doesn't pan out. The rejection letters are coming in on it better than any of my last four projects, so agents are at least letting me know they're not interested. :)