Search This Blog

Thursday, January 12, 2012

COLD BLOODED Review


My automotive posts get hundreds of hits a day, and I answer e-mail questions along with the resulting blog comments. I put a link for buying my novel COLD BLOODED in the comments section of each one. The idea was triggered by e-mails from grateful people appreciative of the automotive repair blog posts who suggested I put up a donation button. I figured putting the link for the novel would be a better way of letting people say thank you and get something in return. I received an e-mail with my first review of COLD BLOODED:
“Enjoyed your blog- it helped with my son's Park Avenue. To thank you I bought Cold Blooded and read it on my Kindle. It was great!- You're a very good writer! (And under cover of being a mechanic, probably a very good assassin as well!)
It made my day. Although I’m not an undercover assassin, it never hurts to get some feedback on my undercover writing.  :)

4 comments:

Charles Gramlich said...

Well that's pretty cool. Congrats. Ingenious marketing as well!

BernardL said...

Thanks, Charles. We have to get our stuff out there in every inoffensive way we can think of. :)

raine said...

Congratulations, Bernard, great feedback!!
Feels fabulous, doesn't it? :)

BernardL said...

Raine, the funny part is I can't figure out if I'm more excited about someone who doesn't think my writing sucks, or the fact some form of marketing I came up with actually worked. :)