Search This Blog

Friday, February 18, 2011

Sun Flare-up

Some explosive activity on our Sun will be causing some weird effects down here on earth Sun . As the only real cause of global warming or cooling you can bet these massive explosions will trigger some strange activity in our skies. They figure the flare-up could even affect some electrical grids. Neat stuff because just like with climate there ain't anything we can do about it.  :)

On a more earthbound note, I've been watching 'Southland' on TNT. I missed all the little signs I've been told were there unfortunately. I'd like the first minute of the taped program I watched last night back where the guy who played 'Bull' on 'Band of Brothers' wakes up naked next to another guy. I don't know who thought that storyline was a good idea but eeeeeuuuuuuwwwwww... no more 'Southland' for me. The storylines have been degenerating lately anyway. FAIL!

4 comments:

raine said...

Awesome photo.
And although I know it'll screw with communications, I'd LOVE to see the northern lights sometime.

BernardL said...

That makes two of us, Raine. :) The folks running Pacific Gas & Electric out here are probably not real excited about it though. :)

Charles Gramlich said...

Personally, I kind of prefer a calm sun. Otherwise it's like having an unleashed tiger in the same room with you.

BernardL said...

True, Charles, but fortunately or unfortunately there's nothing we can do about it. I'm waiting for the acolytes of the Goreacle to blame the Sun explosions on us. :)