Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Warehouse 13

The new episode last night of Warehouse 13 fulfilled my expectations of what I’d hoped the series would be. It has been less than enthralling the past couple of weeks but still entertaining. Last night’s episode combined the ingredients for success with a look into past agents’ lives paralleling their future replacements. Past Warehouse 13 agent Rebecca, played very well by Roberta Maxwell, hooked jumper cables to a spine attached artifact taking over Pete’s body when Myka couldn’t do it. After jolting the creature off and smashing it to bits with a fire extinguisher, thus taking revenge for the artifact’s killing of her partner she is welcomed for a visit to Warehouse 13, finally completing her past mission. Turning down an invitation to stay, Rebecca is given the engagement ring her partner had in his room for her when he was killed. A bit of nostalgia mixed in with action, mystery, revenge and increased awareness between Pete and Myka. I liked it. :)


On the other hand I watched my taped episode of In Plain Sight’s season finale. Watching Marshall break down in tears a couple of times really stimulated my barf reflex. Hell, even Jinx and Brandy were a little reserved. That was some Metro-Man writer’s perception of showing Marshall’s caring side… gag!

6 comments:

Jordan Summers said...

I agree that Marshall cried one too many times, but I think they were trying to play up the hint they planted when Mary got engaged.

I did like the ending of Warehouse 13 last night. The warning was definitely creepy. Like you, I've found the show entertaining, but had been expecting something more like last night's episode all along. They seemed to have changed the characters personalities too quickly.

BernardL said...

They could have written in a subtle moment without Marshall bursting into tears. I felt bad for the actor. I like him in the part but he got the short end of the stick in that episode. :)

You're right, Jordan. Pete and Myka went to full bore glib way too fast.

Charles Gramlich said...

I have wondered if it was going to be any good. Haven't had a chance to catch an episode yet.

BernardL said...

It's a problem whether to get hooked on new shows anymore, Charles. The SYFY channel as they're called now does give their shows a chance to catch on so I'm hoping Warehouse 13 comes up with more episodes like last night's.

Vesper said...

I've never heard of these two shows before. But I'm watching zero tv these days... Warehouse 13 seems interesting.

BernardL said...

Warehouse 13 needs to get a little more serious tone between the main characters. Other than that, I'd recommend a look, Vesper. Although I may tape In Plain Sight for the time being (the season ended), it would be hard for me to ask anyone else to watch it. :)