Search This Blog

Monday, March 9, 2009

Last Note on Vegas



We had a drink at The Venetian and saw this show out by their waterfall. Very nice.

We rubes are home from Las Vegas now. I know everyone was waiting with baited breath for that announcement. :) I came out a little ahead and my wife a little behind on the gambling front. The journey home was uneventful. Our kids came to Las Vegas from Sacramento with us on their own dime so we all had a good time. One funny part I neglected to mention happens whenever my wife goes through security at the airport. She has one knee replaced and must be wanded every time through Checkpoint Charlie because the metal detector alarm goes off when my wife approaches. The Israelis wouldn’t give my wife a second look if we ever flew there, but we must be politically correct here and pretend middle-aged grandmas are a potential threat to air travel. Anyway, my son and daughter were in a different section of the airport at the same time for their flight to Sacramento. My son called while we were going through Checkpoint Charlie. He wanted to let my wife know they had made it to the airport on time. I had to tell him the security people were still wanding ‘Carlita the Jackal’. :)


8 comments:

Barbara Martin said...

Years ago the harrington rod in my back used to set off the metal detector, though it didn't when I was going back and forth from Toronto to England ten years ago.

BernardL said...

You only laugh Charles because you haven't seen 'Carlita's' dangerous side. :)

Ten years ago we were all traveling with ease, Barbara. :)

Anonymous said...

I hope ten years from now (or maybe two, but I'm an optimist), we'll all be traveling with ease.

BernardL said...

Maybe a decade, Beth, but I doubt it will be two. I should release 'Carlita the Jackal' on the terrorists. We'd be safe within the year. :)

Vesper said...

Carlita the Jackal - :-) :-) :-)

What an absurd world...

BernardL said...

I admit it, Vesper, the security people must know 'Carlita' like I know 'Carlita'. They respect the danger. :)

Miladysa said...

LOL

The same thing happens to me every time - my family always think it is really funny. I haven't got any metal bits though - not that I know of anyway :D

BernardL said...

Yes, Miladysa, it's not always fun to travel with 'Carlita'. She's well known and is always given the respect dangerous people get from security. :) She once told two security guys they should wand me too because I was with her. They laughed and let me pass. That did not sit well with 'Carlita'. :)