Search This Blog

Saturday, June 14, 2008

George The Alligator Returns

I mentioned George the Alligator in earlier Florida posts. My brother Jim sent me the picture of him I took of ‘King George’ with his camera. Moments after taking this picture, I tried going around the bush in front of George to get a face shot. It wasn’t one of my brighter moments; but I did find a break in the foliage where I could get almost a full frontal shot through the bushes. Seconds away from clicking the picture, George whipped around blindingly fast and plunged into the lake. Thankfully, George went into the water, and not through the hedge. :)

8 comments:

raine said...

I tried going around the bush in front of George to get a face shot.

I'm trying to think of just the right word...there's a word for that kind of daring, that kind of courage, that kind of devil-may-care attitude...
Oh, yeah.
Suicidal. ;)

Great shot Bernard, lol.
Huge, primeval looking beastie, isn't he?

BernardL said...

I can’t say for sure, Raine, but I believe alcohol may have been involved. :)

Jordan Summers said...

Great shot, Bernard, but I must say that I agree with Raine. *ggg*

BernardL said...

Oh good... thanks, Jordan. :)

Bernita said...

Second note to self: Never vacation in Florida.

BernardL said...

It's like any other vacation spot, Bernita, only with huge reptiles. :)

Virginia Lady said...

Okaaay, you must really be a photographer. Only a photographer would ignore the danger in order to get a picture. :-) Glad he didn't get you, Bernard.

BernardL said...

Truthfully, VL, George is skittish around people, and luckily, I didn't break his chain of skittishness. :)